As a Test Engineer in the YouView Middleware Department, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with a focus on integrating new features in YouView’s set top box software. This is a highly technical role, and Test Engineers work throughout the software development lifecycle, from the early stages of developing new features through to the product launch and beyond. The Middleware Team had a key role in developing software for the recently launched BT TV Box Pro set top box. YouView continues to develop and innovate in the broadcast and streaming space.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance test cases, documentation, and environments for use by the test team and external Device Manufacturers.
- Define test scope, strategy and test cases based on technical specifications, product features and integration risk.- Prioritise, plan and execute tests.
- Identify, analyse, triage, and raise defects in JIRA while collecting appropriate evidence. Learn about the YouView software stack and develop personal expertise in one or more functional areas.
- Support team leader by being proactive, self-organised and reporting results in a timely fashion.- Be a constructive team member who is willing to engage with others outside the boundaries of their own team.
- Participate in agile ceremonies depending on the team’s preferred methodologies.
Essential Skills and Experience required
- Grey box testing. We’re looking for people not only with testing skills, but also a good understanding of how the software works and how to debug it.
- Working knowledge of the Linux command line interface.
- Experience in integration testing, knowledge of a software stack and how the major components relate to each other.
- Problem analysis, including any of the following: using logs, debugging tools, analysing trials or in life user data.
- Designing test suites and cases.
- Identifying issues, documenting them and assigning accurate severity using a bug tracking system.
- Ability to work in an agile software environment and engage with teams across the business.
- An interest in the TV domain and a desire to learn new technologies.
• Competitive Salary on offer
• Annual Bonus
• Flexible working
• Hybrid working – minimum 4 days a month (1 day per week) in the office
• Relaxed office environment in the City of London, near Aldgate East station
• Pension Plan
• Private Healthcare
• Holiday purchase programme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Staff Discount Scheme
YouView is an on-demand TV service with over 70 live digital channels. It seamlessly combines seven day catch-up on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 with a library of on demand television programmes, films and radio. A range of quality content is available via on demand players from Netflix, Now TV, Milkshake!, UKTV Play, STV and S4C. YouView has record, pause and rewind TV functionality as well as a simple search and more. Our social, supportive team is made up of the brightest minds available, in a truly dynamic business with clear growth and development potential.
YouView launched in summer 2012, brought BT Sport over IP in 2013, an upgrade to 4k and the launch of Netflix in 2014, partnered with Sony to offer the UI for its TVs in 2015 and brought the first UHD device to the UK. YouView launched a major upgrade to its underlying platform in 2017 with an award-winning UI in the UK with a powerful cloud back office providing new data and insights into how consumers watch and find TV. It recently announced the launch of Amazon Prime with BT and the arrival of Sky Atlantic in early 2019.
YouView continues to innovate and is working with the BBC to trial a UHD version of BBC iPlayer. YouView has won a number of major industry awards including Advanced TV Innovation of the Year at the 2017 Content Innovation Awards and Best Platform at the annual T3 Awards and most recently winner of the National Technology Awards for TV, Film and Broadcasting Technology of the Year.
Find out more about us on our social media:Twitter,Linkedin& Glassdoor